Employment issues in today’s workplace can be complex, and may involve a myriad of federal and provincial statutes, regulations, rules, guidelines, and common law. Our lawyers work with both employees and employers to address their needs by providing strategic consultation, counsel, advice, and advocacy. We will take the time to ensure that we fully understand your needs, and explain to you each step required along the way to move your matter to its proper resolution. Our team has extensive experience assisting clients on all manner of issues from drafting employment contracts to advocating before courts and tribunals to ensure our clients’ interests are protected.
We provide sound proactive advice as well as effective dispute resolution methods to help prevent or address issues as they may arise in:
- Drafting and preparing employment contracts
- Employment standards comliance
- Group terminations
- Non-solicitation and non-competition agreements
- Constructive, wrongful, or just cause dismissals
- Severance, overtime, or benefit pay
- Issues arising in relation to employees and independent contractors
- Workplace harassment or bullying
- Human rights matters
- Occupational health and safety regulations and associated concerns
Do not hesitate to contact one of our lawyers to assist you in understanding and addressing any of your employment law related issues or concerns.