Our team has experience assisting both creditors and debtors, and advising clients on how to safely loan money. We help you prepare and review the paperwork necessary to properly document the transaction, and ensure your interest is as secure as possible. We take the time to clearly explain the process so you can make confident and informed decisions.
After carefully considering the particulars of your lending arrangement, we will guide you through the appropriate steps including simple promissory notes, land mortgages, security agreements, and complex commercial lending transactions. If and when it becomes necessary to collect on a debt, our lawyers will advocate on your behalf.
If you are a borrower, we provide guidance and practical advice on how to protect your interests, helping you plan and take the necessary steps to ensure a creditor does not receive more than he or she is entitled to.
Our key areas of service include:
- Reviewing and structuring lending transactions
- Debt collection
- Mortgage foreclosures
- Security agreement realization (personal property security)
- Defending security against competing creditors
- Debt restructuring and corporate reorganizations
- Forbearance agreements
- Receiverships (instrument and court appointed)
- Protective injunctions and restraining orders
- Debtor-in-possession lending (financing receiverships)
- Creditor priority issues and disputes
- Bankruptcy situations.
Feel free to contact us for any assistance you may require.