Our Natural Resources Law Practice Group have the skills and experience to assist you with all legal issues affecting the forestry, mining and agricultural sectors in British Columbia and Alberta.
Dennis Ryan and Jonathan Arkle, together with their Kelowna colleagues regularly assist our natural resource clients with their operational and regulatory needs pertaining to natural resources law, business law, commercial law, employment law, alternative dispute resolution and litigation.
Our areas of service include:
- Preparation of contracts and subcontracts for BC Interior and Coastal timber harvesting operations and Alberta operations;
- Preparation of road use and construction contracts; transportation contracts, fibre supply contracts; co-generation agreements; procurement agreements; market logging agreements and timber sales;
- Development, assessment and auditing of environmental management systems and corporate governance relating to these systems;
- Assisting in developing standard operating procedures to meet the due diligence standard required by law;
- Development of educational and training modules for members of the board, management, employees and contractors;
- Tenure transfers, consolidations and subdivisions;
- Negotiations between natural resource tenure holders and the First Nations;
- Attendance on site immediately following an environmental incident or release to assist with managing the investigation proceedings and advising management on mitigating liability;
- Representing tenure holders subject to environmental charges and administrative proceedings;
- Joint ventures between natural resource companies and between natural resource companies and First Nations;
- Corporate, mergers, acquisitions, securities and tax advice;
- Mediation, arbitration and litigation of disputes;
- Employment matters, consulting and management contracts and union matters;
- Corporate finance, secured transactions and banking;
- Corporate governance; and
- Redevelopment and subdivision of private resource lands.
We recommend that you contact us to assist you in understanding and addressing any of your organization’s needs.
Connect with our Natural Resources Law Team here at Doak Shirreff today by clicking HERE or calling (250) 763-4323