Rick began working at Doak Shirreff Lawyers as an articled student in the summer of 2021, and became an Associate lawyer with the firm in 2022. Rick enjoys a diverse practice as a member of the firm’s general civil litigation practice group, and also has experience in public administration and employment law.
What Rick enjoys most about the fields of law in which he practices is strategizing to find tailored solutions for clients that help them overcome the challenges they face.
Prior to starting at Doak Shirreff Lawyers in 2021, Rick served as Armoured Officer in the Canadian Armed Forces and comes by strategy and problem solving honestly.
When he is not at work, Rick enjoys being in the great outdoors and riding horses as much as possible, including running training clinics and competitions with his horseback archery club.
- Juris Doctor – University of Alberta, 2021
- Bachelor of Arts, history major – University of British Columbia, 2017
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2022
- Canadian Bar Association
- British Columbia Bar Association
- President, Okanagan Khanate Mounted Archery (OKMA)
- Vice President, Horse Archery Society of Canada (HARCAN)
- South Alberta Light Horse Regimental Association
- Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights (CCFR)
- Armoured Officer, Canadian Armed Forces
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Founder/President, UBCO Medieval Club
Rick's Areas of Practice:
Each of our litigation lawyers is experienced in addressing a variety of different issues and different dispute resolution processes.
Employment issues in today’s workplace can be complex, and may involve a myriad of federal and provincial statutes, regulations, rules, guidelines, and common law.