Managing a person’s estate following his or her death can be an overwhelming and emotional task, particularly for anyone appointed as executor. Assets and liabilities must be determined, ongoing or outstanding obligations must be met, and in a large number of cases an application for Grants of Letters Probate must be made. Our team is equipped to deal with the assets and liabilities of the estate, and obtain a Grant of Probate from the courts when necessary. We can also help you field the demands of creditors, beneficiaries, and other interested third parties.
Even simple estates can be time consuming and take months to administer. Our knowledgeable estate administration team can facilitate and guide you through the process as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Our key areas of service include:
- Assisting executors and beneficiaries through the probate process, including applying for Grants of Letters Probate
- Assisting clients where a family member has died without a will, including applying for Grants of Letters of Administration
- Assisting executors who have not begun dealing with the estate renounce their appointment
- Preparing executor’s accounts and releases
- Advising executors and beneficiaries on executor’s accounts, releases, and remuneration
- Advising and assisting executors of insolvent estates
- Assisting in the transfer of assets to beneficiaries, including the transmission of real property
- Helping executors give effect to a will-maker’s instructions, including precipitating gifts to individual and charitable beneficiaries
- Estate litigation
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the administration of an estate.