Estate planning can be a daunting task, and many people don’t know how or where to begin. Our team has years of experience guiding people through the process, identifying potential issues, and planning for them accordingly. Your unique family, business, and financial circumstances require an equally unique plan and legal structure to ensure that your wishes are upheld and carried out as you intended.
We take the time to fully understand your situation and provide the resources necessary to implement the most effective plan. Well drafted estate and incapacity planning documents will protect both your interests and the interests of your loved ones, and can serve as tools to reduce probate fees and minimize taxes.
Our key areas of service include:
- Planning and drafting multiple estate and incapacity planning documents, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney and representation agreements
- Implementing estate planning techniques to minimize probate fees
- Working with clients and their professional advisors to protect family wealth
- Implementing tax effective succession plans for business owners
- Setting up trusts including spousal trusts and alter ego trusts
- Planning for the care and maintenance of family members with disabilities or special challenges
- Planning for second marriages to ensure the needs of children from a prior relationship as well as the needs of the second spouse are met
- Executing estate freezes, including family trusts
- Assisting clients who wish to make charitable gifts by ensuring that their specific tax planning and personal objectives are met
- Advising clients about their rights and obligations under a power of attorney or representation agreement
- Assisting clients where there is concern about abuse or negligence under a power of attorney or representation agreement, including mishandling of an adult’s assets
- Preparing applications for the appointment of a Committee under the Patients Property Act
- Advising on various trust disputes, including the legitimacy of a trust document and the rights and entitlements of trust beneficiaries
- Estate litigation
Please contact us for any questions you may have or assistance you may need in your estate planning.