Jonathan began working at Doak Shirreff Lawyers as a student for the summer of 2014, and has been an Associate lawyer with the firm since 2016. He works with an attention to detail and a keen awareness of the complexities that are inherent with many business and employment relationships. He is proud to be the fourth generation of an Okanagan based family.
My practice has a primary focus in employment law and business law with additional experience working with societies, non-profit organizations and charities. I also work within Doak Shirreff Lawyers’ civil and commercial litigation group.
I practice in employment law because I take pride in seeing my clients succeed through running their business operations efficiently while maintaining positive working relationships with their workers, partners and contractors. My clients’ success is a goal I pursue tirelessly.
I recognize the value in ensuring that individuals are treated with the respect that they are entitled to, and I enjoy working with both employers and employees to ensure that workplace, industry and statutory standards are met, that employees have been, and continue to be, treated in accordance with their rights while ensuring that employers are able to run their day to day operations in an effective and efficient way.
It is important to me that clients see my involvement in their matters as value added. This often requires creative solutions to challenging and complex circumstances that may not have been apparent to them previously. This is not only rewarding to me, but most importantly valuable for my clients.
I am incredibly proud of the legacy that Doak Shirreff Lawyers LLP has in the Okanagan, and am determined to maintain that longstanding reputation with our team here.
Outside of my practice my passions include triathlons, road cycling, water-polo and skiing.
- British Columbia Bar Admission (2016)
- Juris Doctor, Thompson Rivers University, Faculty of Law (2015)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia Okanagan (2011)
- Member – Canadian Bar Association
- Member – Kelowna Bar Association
- Member – Law Society of British Columbia
- Director – Kelowna Bar Association
- Director – Kelowna Visual and Performing Arts Centre Society
- Director – Kelowna Water Polo Cub
- Executive – CBABC – Young Lawyers (Okanagan Section)
- Chair and Legislative Liaison of CBABC – Civil Litigation (Okanagan Section)
- Treasurer – CBABC – Young Lawyers (Okanagan Section)
- Volunteer – Inns of Court (Kelowna)
- Volunteer – Across the Lake Swim Society
- Volunteer – Ironman Canada
- Volunteer – Hope for the Nations
Jonathan's Areas of Practice:
Our charities and not-for-profit group is here to assist charitable groups and societies with all aspects of your organization’s needs.
Each of our litigation lawyers is experienced in addressing a variety of different issues and different dispute resolution processes.
Employment issues in today’s workplace can be complex, and may involve a myriad of federal and provincial statutes, regulations, rules, guidelines, and common law.